2012年2月1日水曜日

How Many Pounds Of Spiders Eaten By Humans In Lifetime

how many pounds of spiders eaten by humans in lifetime

Randy Hillier wants your Pit Bull stories

I just got an e-mail from Randy Hillier, MPP for Lanark-Frontenac-Lennox and Addington. Mr. Hillier is one of the MPPs trying to get Ontario's anti-Pit Bull legislation repealed. He's asking for supporters to submit positive Pit Bull stories to his site, Bring Back the Bulls.

From Mr. Hillier:

Dear friend,

Pit bulls are not only some of our best friends, but they are saviours of some of us as well.

Norton the pit bull from Waterloo loved his "mum". When his owner was bit by a spider, causing her to go into anaphylactic shock, he frantically woke up his "dad", saving his "mum". For his heroism, he was inducted into the Purina Animal Hall of Fame.


Dixie the pit bull of Fayetteville, Georgia loved "her" children. When they were attacked by a deadly and poisonous cottonmouth snake, she made sure that nine year-old Frank Humphries and seven year-old twins Katie and Codi Humphries were safe. She pushed the three children out of the way and got bit by the snake instead. Twice.

Pit bulls might look scary, but the truth of the matter is they save lives. Pit bulls have been known to drag strangers from a burning building, to save their owners from armed attackers, to be hearing dogs. Pit bulls are regularly used by law enforcement to sniff out bombs and narcotics, with some dogs being credited for millions of dollars worth of seizures.


Over the course of my lifetime I have been the proud owner of many different breeds of dogs. I can tell you first hand that Robbie and Titan, my two "Pit Bulls" I currently own, are among the most friendly and well-mannered dogs I have ever owned.


Unfortunately as many of us well know, these are stories that are rarely ever reported by the media. While I have come across many good-news stories myself that involve pit bulls, I am sure there are many more I have yet to discover. As such, I am asking you to help me populate my website www.bringbackthebulls.com with as many positive news stories or personal experiences you have come across.

While I have added a few clippings to the site myself, I would appreciate it if you could submit your own stories and share the website with as many of your friends and family as possible.

Together we can educate others that while the media and the Government are fearful of these great pets, the reality is the current ban unfairly targets and punishes an unofficial breed of dogs rather than the abusive and egregious owners.

Sincerely,

Randy Hillier



These are our most popular posts: how many pounds of spiders eaten by humans in lifetime

How Many Spiders Do You Eat While You Sleep? ( Gary Said... )

Its not true at all, first of all if a spider crawled into your mouth you would know it becuase you would wake up choking, first of all in the position that most people sleep your treachia is reduced to an extremely narrow passage. ..... If you choose to believe that the myth is true, then the average person eats 8 spiders within their lifetime, according to one site. Thats really not that many. You eat about a pound of insects a year, usually from being ground into your food ... read more

The Mysterious Mrs. B. Roth.: How Many Spiders Do You Eat In Your ...

I read before that we eat X number of spiders in our sleep over our lifetime, as an average. I dont buy it. How do know how many spiders people are eating in their sleep? Has anybody been followed around for their ... read more

How many pounds of french fries do Americans eat each year ...

How many pounds of french fries do Americans eat each year? — Joshua, Santa Maria, Calif. Marshall Brain Answers: People in North American eat something like 29 pounds of french fries per year. For example, this article ... read more

I discovered that the average human does not swallow 8 spiders per ...

TIL that the average human does not swallow 8 spiders per year. ... When I was a kid, I remember having earnest debates with my friends over how many spiders people swallow while sleeping. Arguments ranged from 4 spiders swallowed per year, to a full pound of spiders swallowed in a lifetime. What we all knew for certain was that we did swallow spiders in our sleep, probably almost every night. Adults are no less gullible than kids, apparently, as shown by Lisa ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿